By Hailey Bishop
Turning 21 last year, I decided to create a list of what I’ve learned in that time. Things that have inspired me, broke me, shaped me into the woman I am today.
- Self-love is the best love. In the past I haven’t always believed this to be true, but loving yourself is the most courageous thing you can do in a world that tries to tell you not to.
- Keep your standards high. Keeping my standards high for myself and those that mean the most to me in life is essential. It gives me peace of mind.
- Know your worth. This was always taught to me growing up. Know your value, know your worth and you will be successful in whatever you pursue in life.
- Be kind to yourself. Being kind to yourself means providing yourself with the experiences that bring you most joy, love and positivity.
- Never play small in life. Never sell yourself short in life. Always go for the gold in life. What you believe, you will achieve.
- Feel your feelings. Never discredit your own feelings/emotions at the expense of others.
- Empower yourself, even if others don’t. Always know the strength you hold within yourself, even if others don’t see it.
- Let your creativity shine. Allow your light to shine through, and it will glow throughout everything you do.
- Never dim your sparkle. Something I’ve learned in life is to never dim your light for anyone else’s comfort. Live your life to the fullest for YOU, regardless of the opinions of others.
- Live a life you love. Love the life you’re living in the present. Little moments in life add up to be the most meaningful parts of the human experience.
- Work hard in silence. Let your success make noise. Your success speaks for itself.
- Never be afraid to reinvent yourself. Starting a new a path can be just the change you need to bloom into the person you were always meant to be.
- Leave what is not meant for you. Once you leave what is not meant for you, brighter things will appear in your path.
- Never let life harden you. Life can be unexpected, wonderful, loving, sometimes hurtful. Never let the circumstances of your life harden your heart. Only you can determine what hardens you.
- Have integrity always. Always try to do acts of kindness when no one is watching. It may mean the most to someone in the world who needs it.
- Love the skin you’re in. Love the person you are each and every day. Your sense of self is going to reflect in every aspect of your life. Make sure to love yourself first. This sets the tone for the things that follow.
- Be bold. Be bold in the things that you feel deeply about. This will create a positive impact of interest.
- Embrace your uniqueness. Embrace what makes you YOU. No one can take that away from you.
- Make memories. Making memories is the most meaningful thing we have as people.
- TRAVEL! Traveling is so exciting, but also important in life. Time never turns around. Take time to travel. It gives a new purpose and perspective to the present moment.
- Live life to the fullest! You have only one life so if you’re not in love with your life find the courage to change it.
Wonderful and inspirational!